WHO SAYS TODDLERS DON'T WEAR SUNGLASSES?

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

When we first moved here I was at Gymboree with Scott’s mom. I wanted to buy some bows to put in Lily's hair when she wears pigtails. Then I decided that sunglasses wouldn’t be a bad thing to protect her eyes either, since I knew we’d be spending a lot of time outside. So Lily grabs the “flamingo” (that’s what they were called on the tag) sunglasses and won’t let me take them off to buy them. Finally, I get them from her long enough to buy them and then she isn’t interested…only for a second though. Just long enough for the saleslady to say, “yeah, toddlers NEVER keep on sunglasses, or bows for that matter.” Of course she told me that AFTER I had purchased them. However, I’d like to tell this lady that she should never say never because MY kid wears her sunglasses, and her bows (when I put them in her hair, which is rarely because it’s not worth the fight over who gets to comb her hair-me or Lily.)

These are just a couple pictures of Lily during her eighteenth month of life. She loves the beach and her grandparents…and Ollie is her best friend. Don’t all best friends take baths together?







3 comments:

Ashlie Dalton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

I think I leave the same comment every time, but I can't help myself...

She is so darn cute!

Love the glasses too.

kendal said...

Great pictures. She's got so much personality! Looks like you guys are having fun, so much fun that I just might have to fly out there and see you.