Weeks 7 & 8- The Talk

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

There comes a time in every kids life when they naturally begin to wonder, “How was I made?” Well, that time came for Lily this past week. She can’t talk yet so it wasn’t like she just came right out and asked, but you could see it in her eyes every time she looked at you. It was a look that went beyond the normal curiosity and wonder of a new baby…it was like she was looking straight into your soul and demanding answers. The picture above was taken right after we had “The Talk.”.

Besides that whole thing, the last couple of weeks have been great. Lily had her two month checkup and everything is working and growing like it should. She is exactly average for both her height and weight. She seemed to be a little disappointed by that but I just told her, “Don’t feel bad…that just means that there is room for improvement.”

Other Developments:

  • She is getting a lot better at making eye contact (unless she is getting in trouble) and she usually will turn her head towards you when you come in the room.
  • She is also getting better at pushing herself off the ground when she is put on her stomach.
  • As you see from the video, she is still smiling a bunch and has added a little giggle that melts me every time I hear it.

All-in-all, she remains the cutest little girl in the world, at least that I have ever seen. If you have anyone you think is close, feel free to send me pictures and I will be happy to objectively look at them and decide. Does anyone know what the earliest age is that you can start entering them into beauty pageants?



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Characteristically oblivious to everyone around me, I just played the giggle video from my work computer, forgetting that my office-mate doesn't know what I'm looking at. I had the speaker volume down pretty far so the audio was a little distorted on my bad speakers. What would normally sound like the delight visible in Lily's face came out as low, barely audible sounds of distress. Gary looked up expecting to see me whimpering in the corner--as I often am.

Seriously though, the video's really cute. I give it two thumbs up. Good material, good direction, good play-acting. My only recommendation is to play the audio at the loudest volume and from quality speakers.